The 5K Race & 1 Mile Walk or 'Creep n' Crawl'
Date: October 12, 2013
Location: Sandy City Promenade. 10200 S. Centennial Parkway - Sandy, Utah
All runners will register as either Undead or Human. If Undead, they may dress as such and will start the race 2 minutes after the humans begin their run. So here we'll see an army of undead chasing the living (the whole point of the race). This is just a race and no contact along the course other than normal physical contact expected at a race will be permitted. Costumes are optional but greatly encouraged, especially for anyone in the 1 Mile 'Creep n' Crawl'.
Because this is a Halloween/Undead-themed race we are going to take every precaution in keeping participants safe. No props will be allowed in during the race or at the event that could harm anyone (didn’t your mother teach you not to run with scissors?). Each participant will be required to sign an agreement along these guidelines (see registration page). In our previous three years, with over 3,000 participants, we have had no misbehaving rascals, and no severe injuries.
Night of the Running Dead 5K is first and foremost for FUN and to raise money for the Huntsman Cancer Foundation. We ask participants to be courteous and patient with other runners and volunteers. Chip timing has been made optional for 5K participants this year to help lower our costs and yours for those that are not concerned with their time.
Age divisions have also been established so that runners who want to compare their times to others in their same age group can do so, however winners in these divisions will not be eligible for the overall cash prizes, but fun zombie themed prizes will still be awarded as well as medals for different divisions.
Pre-Race/Walk Events, Packet Pickup, and Check-in* Start Time
- 2:00 pm - 9:00 pm, Friday October 11th, 2013 - South Towne Center - Pre-race packet pickup/Check in.
- 4:00 pm, Saturday October 12th, 2013 Packet Pickup opens. (Come early to get your packet)
have already retrieved your packet, bib, etc.
Event Start Times
- 6 pm Event officially begins
- 8 pm for Annual Costume Contest
- Approx. 7:00 pm for the 1 Mile Creep n’ Crawl
- Approx. 9:00 pm for Humans 5K
- Approx. 9:02 pm for Undead 5K
- $25 - Now to Aug 31, 2013
- $30 - Sept. 1 to October 10, 2013 (last day for online registration)
- $40 - DAY OF RACE - October 11, & 12th
- Free Cotton T-Shirt (+$1 for XXL, +$2 for XXXL)
- +$5 - Technical Fabric T-Shirt (+$1 for XXL, +$2 for XXXL)
- -$3 - Not Chip Timed
- +$10 - Zombie wall recognition for your additional donation to Huntsman
1 Mile Walk - "Creep n' Crawl"
- $15 - Now to August 31, 2013
- $20 - September 1, 2013 to October 10, 2013 (Last day for online registration)
- $25 - DAY OF WALK
Additional 1 Mile Walk Add-ons:
- +$5 – Cotton T-Shirt (+$1 for XXL, +$2 for XXXL)
- +$10 – Technical Fabric T-Shirt (+$1 for XXL, +$2 for XXXL)
- +$10 – Zombie wall recognition for your additional donation to Huntsman
Shirts & Packets
The T-shirt is a standard cotton shirt, and has different designs and color depending on whether you registered as a Human or Undead. A technical fabric shirt (100% synthetic running shirt) will be available for an additional fee. See shirts from our previous years as examples in our Zombie Shop.
Shirts will be available during packet pickup and on race day. To speed up the process, please have a printed copy of your registration with you, or have it available to view on a mobile device.
T-shirts will be reserved for each pre-registered runner and cannot be exchanged (due to wrong size, etc.) until after the event. Same day registration shirts will be available as supplies last.
"Baby doll" or female cut T-shirts will be available at the Zombie Shop of Horrors on race day or on our website. Exchanges for these shirts will not be available.
Awards and Prizes
Prizes will be awarded to the top three finishers in the two categories: Undead and Humans. There will also be male and female divisions, and age groups for a total of 48 winners. Each of the 48 winners will receive a special medal and an additional shirt, any color or size, of their choice (including any prior years’ shirts, if available). The top 3 males and top 3 females in the OPEN division (human and undead a total of 12) will win cash prizes. Awards and prizes are subject to change if necessary. This event isn't so much about winning as it is about having fun!
- 1st Place = “Golden Brain”
- 2nd Place = “Silver Brain”
- 3rd Place = “Bronze Brain”
- 1st Place = “Golden Shotgun"
- 2nd Place = “Silver Shotgun”
- 3rd Place = “Bronze Shotgun”
- Youth (18 and Under)
- Open (No age restrictions)
- Masters (35 & over)
- GrandMasters (50 & over)
Available for top 12 overall in each gender of both human and undead in the OPEN DIVISION ONLY.
- 1st Place - $100
- 2nd Place - $50
- 3rd Place - $25
Registration and Packet Pick-up/Check-In
Race packets will be available for pick-up on Friday, October 11th, at 2pm at the South Town Mall and on race day. Packets will contain your race bib, chip for timing, swag, etc. and any other information. Your shirts can be picked up at that time after you've signed for you packet. Checking in on race day is NOT required if your packet was already received previously.
Parking will be available in the parking lot east of the promenade near Barnes & Noble.
Course maps can be downloaded below.